Operations Manager Job Description
REPORTS TO: Executive Management
Responsible for coordination and management of the organization’s operations functions in accordance with established systems and procedures, as well as overseeing new initiatives.
- Leads the implementation of system changes to support new products, ensures system integrity and recommends program changes to more efficiently and effectively support services offered.
- Resolves operational problems. Interface with other bank departments and branches regarding problems, research, assistance, etc.
- Ensures timely response and resolution of customer issues.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry groups and organizations to keep abreast of changes in federal and state banking regulations and ensures that changes are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates and works with Compliance Officer to administer department’s functions, ensuring compliance to the organization’s policy, legal and government rules and regulations by establishing, monitoring, and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing necessary training to financial institution personnel on operational and support topics.
- Works with various department personnel in determining priorities to ensure that processing and reporting needs are met and carried out on a proper and timely basis.
- Assists management in considerations regarding new services and systems and expansion of existing systems and services as they relate to data processing needs.
- Answer requests for assistance from branches with routine data entry procedures questions.
- Monitors the processing of consumer account transactions, maintenance of account records and entry of account data into financial institution departments.
- Review and recommend updates and changes to policies and procedures utilized in delivery of Customer Service.
- Perform functions of maintenance and updates as needed to operating system.
- Create and maintain various Standard Operations Procedure (S.O.P) manuals.
- Ensures consistent implementation of operations procedures across all branches.
- Prepare monthly statistical reports as requested by management.
- Responsible for training, oversight & documentation as related to Operational procedures.
- Coordinate and prepare for Operations related regulatory exam material.
- Inform management and Board of Directors as to progress of recommendations and corrections as a result of regulatory exams.
- Develop knowledge of and ensure compliance through job function and responsibilities relating to various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy/Anti-Money Laundering Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Reg E, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Significant relevant work experience
- Significant knowledge of industry processes, procedures and workflows.
- Analytical skills to determine areas in need of improvement and the ability to find creative solutions while consider all aspects, departments and individuals affected.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues
- Ability to travel
- Ability to operate a personal computer and relevant software
- Superior knowledge of computer systems and changing technology
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures and to lead a project and communicate results as well as carry out new policies and procedures.