At Dakota Prairie Bank, the health and well-being of our staff, customers, and communities is our top priority. We understand that COVID-19 has generated a great deal of uncertainty and worry for everyone.
To help reduce the risk of exposure, we encourage people to make use of night drop services in Presho, White River and Fort Pierre; use the drive-up services in Fort Pierre; try Internet banking; or use our Mobile App to help with your banking needs.
If these options do not meet your requirements and you have concerns about visiting your local branch office, please call ahead. We will attempt to make accommodations to lessen your risk while you bank with us.
Internally, we are taking steps to reduce the impact on our operations and take precautions to help prevent the spread of germs. Our employees are required to follow these CDC guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- We are asking our employees to refrain from shaking hands and other types of personal contact.
- We will be routinely cleaning and disinfecting common areas and surfaces in our banks throughout the day.
- We have asked our employees to avoid travel to “hot spot” locations.
- Work related training and travel has been suspended for all staff.
We continue to monitor this rapidly changing situation and will remain committed to our customers and communities.
Updates concerning any changes to our banking operations, procedures, or hours will be posted on our website and Facebook.